Director, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Do you have a passion for translating product capabilities and complex concepts into a story that delivers value to businesses? Does thoroughly understanding personas and effectively speaking to them get you out of bed in the morning?
Then you’ve found the right role. Product Marketing is the glue that binds our product strategy with Sales and Marketing to the tactics we need to drive success and accelerate product revenue growth.
As the leader of this function, you will serve as a product evangelist and domain expert for Copia, plus have excellent working knowledge of our competitors and how we win against them. You’ll also know our customers and buying personas, as well as what impacts their buying decisions. And you’ll work closely with industry analysts, plus cross functional teams, to drive the development of messaging and positioning that resonates in the market.
You have strong executive presence, team leadership, communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills to influence teams.
Come join us and help us write our story.
What you'll be doing
- Develop and execute a robust product marketing strategy, a comprehensive view and combination of product roadmap, key features and functions, and key programs and assets
- Own the strategy, roadmap, positioning and launch of a growing portfolio of products
- Regularly and consistently research and analyze competitors, and present and share insights internally
- Develop and craft messaging that can be used across all external and internal channels such as website, marketing assets, first strike deck for sales, analyst briefing docs
- Conduct persona research, helping to refine target audiences and understand buying criteria
- Be an expert and go-to person representing Copia's products and capabilities to all internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct win/loss analysis and share trends with the business
- Partner closely with sales teams to deliver sales enablement toolkits, including product demos, pitch decks and competitive battlecards, ensuring strong comprehension and consistency of message
- Lead analyst relations: preparing materials for conversations with analysts, as well as presenting to them
- Collaborate with demand generation to identify priority programs and assets as part of marketing planning and execution motion
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on product roadmap, provide feedback to teams on what’s resonating in market
- Present in forums such as analyst relations, webinars and tradeshows
- Analyze insights, trends and market analysis to inform messaging and positioning
- Create and oversee compelling content to engage target personas, including blogs, case studies, whitepapers, eBooks, videos and graphics
Who you are
- 8+ years’ experience in product or industry marketing, preferably in B2B technology, software or a related industry
- Strong ability to translate complex concepts into compelling marketing content
- Sharp writing and presentation skills
- Proven understanding of B2B SaaS sales process and experience working at the intersection of product and marketing
- Ability to craft both value-based and feature-focused messaging for multiple audiences
- Ability to manage expectations, opinions, and feedback from multiple stakeholders and on multiple projects
- Demonstrated talent and appreciation for both qualitative and quantitative research and creating recommendations, strategies and outputs based on that research
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
Come join us!
Copia is growing extraordinarily fast. Join a best-in-class start-up with huge amounts of upside and impact. Our headquarters is in New York, but our team is remote throughout North America.
At Copia, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Copia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.