Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
Garden Grove, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to lead our marketing and brand efforts, as well as manage internal and external communications. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns, building and managing (light) CRM systems, and maintaining a strong online and social media presence. Additionally, they should have exceptional communication skills and the ability to lead and collaborate with internal teams and
What You'll Do
- Monitor and manage the development of our fast-growing brand identity to ensure that change is intentional, strategic, and long-term.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure awareness and consistency across all channels, creating branding and messaging to function in lockstep with company initiatives and goals.
- Develop enterprise storytelling to showcase the company's values, mission, and achievements.
- Develop a marketing strategy based on competitor evaluations, trend audits, and other tools that will work as a living document to guide the department’s operation.
- Create – internally and/or in conjunction with outside vendors - compelling campaigns, sales collateral, promotional materials, and other assets to support sales and business development efforts as well as marketing campaigns that advance the company’s objective to influence end users and motivate potential customers.
- Lead day-to-day marketing activities and serve as the primary point of contact for company executives, internal departments, and external agency partners.
- Manage external vendors and agencies to execute marketing initiatives and content production, liaising with Harbinger teams and acting as overall internal project manager.
- Coordinate with external PR firms and third-party partners to manage media coverage, press releases, and interviews.
- Evaluate vendor performance and negotiate contracts to maximize efficiency and return on investment.
- Create CRM systems according to company needs and marketing initiatives to enhance customer engagement, data management, and targeting marketing efforts.
- Leverage CRM data to identify customer insights, trends, and opportunities for improving marketing strategies.
- Oversee and operate the company's social media channels, ensuring consistent messaging, engagement, and growth.
- Monitor social media trends and industry developments to implement relevant strategies and best practices.
- Manage the company website to ensure it remains current, informative, user-friendly, and optimized for SEO.
- Provide organizational support for company events and conferences, creating consistent messaging, brand presence, attendance, and engagement.
Who You Are
- You have proven experience (5+ years) in marketing and communications roles, with a strong track record of developing successful marketing campaigns and managing brand initiatives.
- You have demonstrated expertise in CRM system management and leveraging data for marketing optimization.
- You have proficiency in utilizing all major social media platforms for business purposes and understanding of digital marketing trends, paid and unpaid advertising, and analytics.
- You have experience in leading marketing and communications tools, e.g., Sprout Social, Mailchimp, HubSpot, Cision, MuckRack, etc.
- Experience and understanding of modern AI-based tools to improve the efficiency of marketing and communications activities and save costs.
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to coordinate and motivate engagement from cross-functional teams.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen eye for detail, along with the ability to translate highly technical information for a general or non-expert audience.
- Experience in coordinating with external PR firms and managing media relations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven and results-oriented approach.
- Ability to do some graphic design and photo/video editing!
A Harbinger of Good Things to Come...
- A mission oriented to changing the world for the better
- 100% covered healthcare
- Competitive pay and early-stage equity compensation
- Collaborative work atmosphere that values multi-disciplinary thinking alongside other talented engineers and businesspeople (some of the best in the EV space!)
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid lunches
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.