Garden Grove, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
As Materials Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth and accurate flow of raw materials, WIP and finished goods in and out of our manufacturing facilities. You will also be responsible for the efficient operations of the following areas: Production Planning and Scheduling, Inventory Control, Material Handling, Shipping and Receiving.
- Manage and provide support with materials planning, inventory management, warehousing, shipping, and customer delivery
- Lead and direct teams responsible for cycle counting, material handling, and receiving for all Harbinger locations
- Partner with supply chain and engineering departments to ensure components are readily available for assembly
- Oversee deliveries between supply locations
- Unload deliveries in timely and accurate manner
- Manage and coordinate offsite warehouses, consignment and other outside operations as needed
- Lead and coordinate annual inventory audit
- Manage inventory accuracy and provide inventory reports as required
- Ensure cycle counting as needed
- Identify opportunities for improvement, determine root cause and corrective/preventive action as needed
- Develop and maintain materials management policies and procedures
- Ensure 5S procedures are followed as it relates to warehouse and inventory
- Ensure ERP system reflects actual inventory counts
- Evaluate and improve on material movement throughout both facilities
- Oversee the activities related to the shipping and receiving department
- Provide Materials operations support, multi-plant shortage issues or materials & logistics escalations.
- Work with respective depts on tactical updates (e.g. Engineering Changes, new parts introductions, etc.)
- Continuously optimize inventory levels taking into consideration transit time inconsistencies, supplier risk, customer volume fluctuations, internal misses, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 10+ years equivalent related work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of material management experience in a manufacturing environment with daily use of MRP/ERP systems (NetSuite or other system)
- Minimum 5 years in a shop floor leadership/supervisory role, with proven track record of employee coaching and development.
- Knowledge and experience working with quality system requirements, such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- Thorough knowledge of materials processes used in modular assembly and sequencing.
- Able to travel, commute as required to support all facilities up to 40%
- Hands-on problem solver
- Self-starter who can motivate others into the proper action
- Strong attention to details
- Must be able to prioritize and adept to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating material flow issues and offering the best solution from a delivery, quality and cost standpoint
- Decision-making skills for making timely and informed decisions
A Harbinger of Good Things to Come...
- Collaborative work atmosphere that values multi-disciplinary thinking
- Work with other talented engineers and businesspeople who are driven to change the world for the better
- Extremely generous health care package
- Early-stage equity compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid lunches
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.