GA Build Technician
Garden Grove, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Chassis Assembly Build Technician to join our dynamic team. As a Chassis Assembly Build Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the assembly and production of chassis components for our stripped chassis.
What You’ll Do:
- Assemble chassis components according to engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions, ensuring accurate alignment, tight tolerances, and quality control.
- Install and secure various mechanical and electrical components, such as suspension systems, steering mechanisms, brakes, and wiring harnesses.
- Conduct thorough inspections and quality checks at each stage of the assembly process to identify and address any defects or deviations from standards.
- Diagnose and resolve assembly issues and mechanical problems effectively and efficiently, collaborating with engineering and maintenance teams as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of assembly procedures, part numbers, and any modifications made during the assembly process.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and team members.
- Perform routine maintenance on assembly equipment and tools to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives by providing feedback on assembly procedures, suggesting modifications, and participating in training programs.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical certification or vocational training in mechanical or automotive assembly is a plus.
- Proven experience in chassis assembly or a related field, ideally in the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and schematics.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Commitment to workplace safety and following safety protocols.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift heavy components and stand for extended periods.
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.