IT, People & HR
gardena, ca, usa
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
What You'll Do
- Full-cycle Recruitment: Drive end-to-end recruitment and become our talent acquisition expert.
- Hiring Quality: Collaborate closely with managers to decode technical skills, creating captivating job descriptions.
- Sourcing: Utilize online platforms, AI, social media, and networking to find top talent.
- Candidate Evaluation: Use your tech radar for thorough assessments, interviews, and reference checks to identify tech champions.
- Employer Branding: Amplify our tech-forward culture, engage candidates, and showcase our exciting EV revolution.
- Candidate Experience: Guide candidates through a seamless journey, providing feedback and ensuring successful onboarding.
- Metrics and Reporting: Track recruitment data to improve our talent acquisition strategies.
- Collaborative Hiring: Partner with managers and cross-functional teams to meet staffing needs.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Champion diverse perspectives and inclusive practices in candidate selection.
- Stay Ahead: Stay informed on industry trends and emerging technologies to attract top tech talent.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Recruiter or in a similar role, ideally within a deep tech-driven organization.
- Strong understanding of technical roles and their corresponding skill sets, ranging from software development to engineering disciplines.
- AI enthusiast–you’ve tried the new tools and are excited to use them to automate and multiply your efforts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with candidates, hiring managers, and cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to evaluate technical aptitude and assess candidates' qualifications through effective screening and interviewing techniques.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Metrics driven! You have an analytical mindset with the ability to leverage recruitment metrics and data for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, ambiguous, and ever-changing environment.
A Harbinger of Good Things to Come...
- Collaborative work atmosphere that values multi-disciplinary thinking alongside other talented engineers and businesspeople (some of the best in the field!)
- A mission oriented to changing the world for the better.
- Generous health package
- Early-stage equity compensation
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid lunches
- Competitive salary.
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.