Senior Project Manager, Residential Land & Construction
ICON is seeking a Senior Project Manager, Residential Land and Construction to support the team as we deliver dignified, resilient 3D-printed housing. This candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of the entire construction process from Pre-Construction to completion.
The Senior Project Manager, Residential Land and Construction will work as a member of the Project Operations team and support multiple different types of projects, including residential and light commercial. This individual will liaise internally across all ICON teams, and externally with clients, architects, engineers, trade partners, community administrators, and inspectors. This individual should have extensive project management experience across pre-construction and construction phases of complex residential projects from inception to delivery. This role reports to our VP of Constriction and is based in South Texas with field work required.
- Initiate and respond to communication between Clients, Architects, Civil Engineers, ICON’s Purchasing Team, Superintendents, Consultants, and local municipalities.
- Manage the land development and construction approval workflows and requirements for a given geographic area.
- Coordinate directly with municipalities to obtain approvals for site development, utility, grading, and sediment control plans.
- Work with Designers and the ICON Purchasing Team to develop complete specification packages that lead to accurate budgets across multiple building products.
- Develop well-thought-through and achievable pre-construction schedules and then compel events to occur according to your plan.
- Help develop detailed scopes of work for bidding and awarding work.
- Lead the contract award process to ensure the project scope is accurate.
- Ensure contract terms between ICON and our trade partners follow scope and schedule performance.
- Develop and execute a project construction schedule.
- Review all site and construction drawings for accuracy and appropriate coordination.
- Provide full coordination and deconfliction of site activities among all trade partners and suppliers.
- Manage project budget performance.
- Be the primary ICON point of contact for all activities related to the project scope.
- Collaborate with the Print Operations team to efficiently deliver ICON’s 3D Printed building product.
- Establish world-leading cycle times for residential construction.
- Manage, review, and report all project financial obligations, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Utilize ICON’s project management software and tools in accordance with ICON standard operating procedures.
- 15+ years of experience in construction project management.
- B.S. degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of delivering high-value and high-visibility projects successfully.
- Ability to relocate to job sites outside of Austin, TX for the life of the project.
- A PMP or Masters's Degree in a related field.
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Finance background.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?