Driver & Fleet Equipment Operator
ICON is seeking an experienced, reliable, and safety-minded Driver/Equipment Operator to join our Mobility & Logistics team for transporting large format 3D-printers, print system supporting components and construction materials in a timely, safe and courteous manner. This candidate will ensure that all loads are handled expertly and safely to deliver maximum efficiency for our operations.The Driver is responsible for operating a motor vehicle and adhering to all local and federal driving regulations. The Driver will maintain a clean vehicle, interact professionally with fellow team members/passengers, and have a willingness to assist with loading and unloading of loads if needed. This position requires a person with a positive attitude and strong communication skills. The successful applicant will be responsible, have excellent customer service skills, be detail-oriented and reliable to ensure safe and professional transportation of our print system and all items that will accompany it. This role reports to the Manager of Mobility Operations, and is based out of ICON’s Austin, TX campus.
- Work in tandem with Logistics Specialist and Heavy Equipment Operators to communicate effectively for loading, unloading and delivery for large, robotic 3D-printers, concrete, and site setup equipment
- Assist with initial setup of fleet vehicles and trailers, as well as routine maintenance
- Safely operate all ICON fleet rolling stock and willingness to complete certification for telehandlers, forklifts and other heavy equipment
- Report any vehicle maintenance and repair issues to department management
- Perform vehicle, trailer and transportation equipment inspections
- Carefully transporting loads to their destination while adhering to all traffic regulations
- Work with Logistics Specialist to monitor routes and ensure timely arrivals
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of vehicle at all times
- Some travel required, traveling with loads both intrastate and interstate
- 2+ years experience with transportation services and material deliveries
- Must have a CDL Class-A with Air Brakes
- Knowledge and understanding of fleet delivery execution with the following, but not limited to heavy duty trucks, yard trucks, bulk material tankers, 20’-53’’ flatbed trailers
- Familiar with load specific legal requirements and bill of lading reporting
- Ability to utilize technology based systems for checking in/out of vehicles and submitting ICON in-house vehicle inspections
- Stay up-to-date with state inspections and vehicle/trailer registrations
- Familiar with on/off duty reporting and USDOT legal responsibilities
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience on large construction sites
- Expert fleet and transportation professional
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, Active Commercial Driver’s License is a plus
- Clear understanding of USDOT and TXDOT/TXDMV laws and regulations
- Clean driving record
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Reference/read a map, and use GPS systems
- Good communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot vehicle problems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, carrying loads up to 7 days a week with the potential for a maximum on-duty hour reporting, 70 hours
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?