Controls Engineer II, Vulcan
ICON is looking for a Controls Engineer II to join the Control Systems team. The Controls Engineer II will be responsible for developing, commissioning, and supporting our large scale concrete 3D printers. This role will report to the Manager, Vulcan Programs and is based out of our Austin, TX campus.
- Program and debug complex control logic in Structured Text using Twincat.
- Create modular OO-based code that is well documented, structured, and easily maintained.
- Develop clear and concise code that maintains durable communication to higher level control and monitoring systems.
- Help maintain and extend fully simulated environments with unit testing.
- Ability to create and maintain software stacks using established patterns and proper documentation practices.
- Document and maintain change logs for all updates.
- Actively participate in equipment design reviews and project status meetings with internal engineers/managers and external supplier managers and engineers.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work at a moment's notice).
- Support systems operating in the field, both remotely and on site.
- Travel is minimal, however, the ability to travel (including international) on short notice is required.
- 5+ years of relevant controls development experience.
- 2+ years of experience working specifically with TwinCAT 3 (or other relevant real-time control systems).
- Object oriented programming in structured text.
- A solid understanding of IP based computer networking.
- A proven track record of delivering projects to end users.
- A solid understanding of motion or process control techniques in real-time industrial systems.
- Innovative, driven, out of the box thinker, self-motivated to investigate and implement new ideas, and proactive in overcoming obstacles.
- A service oriented attitude when in a support role.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior startup experience.
- Twincat 3 Object Oriented Structured Text development.
- C# or Python experience.
- Ability to read and contribute to electrical schematics.
- Self-starting attitude, excited to make things happen in new and ambiguous situations.
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of the organization.
- Must be prepared to work in extreme environments, including temperatures above 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, and muddy conditions.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.