Reliability Engineer II
ICON is looking for a Field Reliability Engineer II to support the design, development, and
implementation of Reliability Test infrastructure and operations. You will be responsible for acceptance testing specifications by developing the criteria for and evaluating new Vulcan and Magma 3D printing systems and acting as the point of contact for systems as they perform test prints. This role is based at ICON's Austin, TX location and will report to Sr. Manager Field Reliability. Additionally, travel to ICON's job sites to support troubleshooting and repair may be required.
- Assist print operators in overcoming obstacles related to hardware, data, and printer communications by coordinating the appropriate departmental teams.
- Aid in the maintenance of the reliable data pipeline from the printer to the cloud, utilizing basic networking and data transfer techniques.
- Exhibit extreme ownership and care for printer reporting.
- Lead data reviews as part of hardware design feedback loops.
- Create printer logs that comprehensively describe print quality, hardware/software issues during test prints, and solutions.
- Develop reliability acceptance metrics by leveraging data pipelining, analysis, and visualization.
- Work with design and controls engineers to develop systemic upgrade plans and propose potential solutions to print issues.
- Design and implement data acquisition systems, electrical, and controls. Programming, and performing FMEAs on systems to predict future performance.
- Lead the improvement of reliability processes with data-driven solutions.
- Drive the implementation of reliability engineering processes through continuous involvement with ESS Maintenance teams.
- Plan machine maintenance by balancing print capacity, business needs, and staffing resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Exposure to a variety of industrial-scale production machinery, sensors, and data processing.
- Experience with data pipelining, warehousing, and analytics.
- Experience writing SOP’s and any associated documentation for following agreed-upon
- procedures for equipment operation.
- Experience generating functional diagrams and process diagrams of complex systems.
- Experience designing and coordinating maintenance for complex automated
- manufacturing equipment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical operations coordination - interfacing with other departments and working towards a common team effort.
- Knowledge of data pipelining, data warehousing, and data analytics (Python, SQL)
- Enthusiastic data communicator with experience presenting machine data.
- Experience analyzing machine event logs.
- Knowledge of various part fabrication techniques (machining, welding, sheet metal fabrication, laser cutting, etching, injection molding, 3D printing, hydroforming).
- 5+ years of equipment engineering experience.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.