ICON is looking for a Material Operator to be a part of a growing team to produce Lavacrete, a proprietary mortar for construction 3D printing. Primary responsibilities will be to run various production equipment, including ensuring the correct dosage of the raw materials and any testing to ensure the product meets the desired specifications. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX location, and will report to the Shift Supervisor on ICON’s Material Operations team.
- Operate and maintain production equipment.
- Weigh and measure materials.
- Sample and test raw materials and products.
- Collect data.
- Manipulate raw materials and sort inventory.
- Clean facility, grounds, and/or silos.
- Operate forklifts and other heavy machinery.
- 2+ years experience working with construction materials (examples: dry mortar production, aggregate production, cement production, batch plants, etc.).
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Forklift experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- OSHA 10 Certified.
- Technical degree or experience working in a concrete lab.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.