Construction Estimator II
ICON is seeking a Construction Estimator II to play an integral role in the construction process. This individual will work as a member of the pre-construction team and will support multiple different types of projects, including production residential, custom residential, military, and NASA. This role is based on ICON's Austin, TX campus and reports to the Director, Pre-Construction.
- Review and understand plans and accurately estimate materials and labor required for construction.
- Provide direct estimation support for both the Build Ops and Print Ops teams.
- Liaise with Material Science and Tech teams to facilitate cost savings for print materials.
- Liaise with the Building Design & Performance team to facilitate cost savings for construction.
- Liaise with the Business Development team to build estimates for prospective projects.
- Perform takeoffs and estimates from project plans.
- Research vendors and best practices for the purpose of achieving cost savings.
- Visit sites, suppliers, and other venues necessary to gather appropriate information for estimating.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts.
- Create and present reports to upper management.
- Analyze and evaluate bids and quotes.
- Provide value engineering recommendations.
- Select, measure, and track important cost metrics.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key vendors.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Accounting and Finance teams.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a construction estimator.
- Working knowledge of construction estimation, specifically in residential production buildings.
- Experience with construction value engineering fundamentals.
- Well-versed with construction estimating software.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.