Director, Construction Products Procurement
ICON is currently seeking a highly experienced professional to join our construction team as Director, Construction Products Procurement. As a key member of the ICON, you will play a crucial role in driving building products and materials and the cost of every ICON home. This senior-level position requires exceptional relationship skills and financial acumen. Reporting directly to our COO at our headquarters in Austin, TX you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our core housing product.
- Establish the ICON construction material and product catalog and evolve the catalog over time
- Own the contractual process with national suppliers by negotiating NDAs, General Terms & Conditions, and Statements of Work
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and future technologies
- Assist in market research. Identify potential sources by various indicators based on project and product requirements.
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop procurement strategies and roadmaps
- Expand opportunities to generate value for the enterprise through leveraging / expanding national accounts, consolidating spend, and developing other opportunities
- Perform detailed analysis of quotations based on cost breakdowns from supplier submissions
- Drive and implement continuous cost improvements through negotiations to achieve operational cost targets
- Establish strong supplier relationships and manage performance through the creation of key performance metrics
- 10+ years' experience in supply chain or construction environments
- Demonstrated experience at a top construction or construction supply company
- In-depth understanding of building trades and materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in financial analysis
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication skills to be able to represent the company and collaborate effectively with vendors
- Adaptability and flexibility in handling a fast-paced, continuously changing environment with long working hours and tight deadlines
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.