Staff Engineer (REMOTE)
Prokeep is a software company that has developed the first and only communications and commerce platform built exclusively for the $100+ billion wholesale distribution market (i.e. plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.). We have assembled a team of employees, customers, and world-class investors to truly revolutionize how commerce is done in wholesale distribution. We envision a world where distributors use our tools to build deeper relationships, provide better service, and transact more easily with customers. We are post product, post revenue, and growing fast in the US and Canada.
Build Together. – Collaboration, camaraderie, and customer-focus are core to how we collectively work and win.
Own It. – Persistence and personal growth drive the results - and the rewards! - that we can all enjoy.
Be Humble. Be Human. – Respect and authenticity allow us to build meaningful and lasting relationships.
Have Fun! – Positivity, perseverance, and a bit of laughter all allow us to make an impact while enjoying the rollercoaster!
As a Staff Engineer, Full Stack, you will be responsible for working with the engineering team to develop the future of Prokeep as an application. This is a key role on our team and we are seeking an individual who has a passion to create real change in our customer facing product.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer who is excited to help us build functionality that provides more structure to the way our users do business with their customers. We are a small and highly collaborative team, so from time to time you may also take a diversion into enhancing our API or providing input to the overall architecture of our systems.
You don’t have to be an expert with all the tools in our stack, but an interest in working on projects at all levels of the stack will be helpful as we expand the breadth of our platform. You should have strong opinions about tools and architecture but should also be able to explain those opinions persuasively, not abrasively. You should also take pride in writing performant, logically structured, and readable code, but be pragmatic enough to realize that sometimes shipped code is better than perfect code.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering and Product teams to develop new user-facing features.
- Work with product managers, designers, and customer success to understand customer needs, user experiences, provide insights and promote best practices.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality, and operational needs.
- Ensure high standards and software reliability in user-experience and code quality.
- Embrace change — always looking for ways the team, process, and technology can evolve, in measurable and impactful ways over short periods of time.
- Strong mentoring, coaching, and leadership experience. Drive and participate in code reviews, best practices, architecture reviews, and document reviews.
- Potentially act as a team lead, responsible for helping the team deliver, learn, grow, and succeed across a variety of languages and roles.
- Run toward fires to help the team succeed.
- Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights. Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of features to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software. Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates.
- Work with product managers, stakeholders, designers, and customer success to understand customer needs, user experiences, provide insights and promote best practices.
- Create a track record of delivery, trust and collaboration, resolving conflicts and blockers with creative problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Remember to have some fun along the way and enjoy the journey!
- Experience with React and Python is a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS platform
- Proven technical leadership and mentoring experience, ideally in a role such as principal, team lead or other senior technical leader
- Strong practical experience building and using scalable and testable RESTful web services, GraphQL, and microservices in a SaaS environment
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team
- Desire to collaborate with other developers and ability to communicate over various channels (email, phone, Slack, Google Hangouts, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and have extreme attention to detail
- Bachelors, Masters, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
Working Relationship & Compensation
This is a full-time salaried position and may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States, except the state of California. Prokeep offers generous health, vision, and dental benefits, life insurance, unlimited PTO, and equity in our fast growing company.
- Competitive Salary ($140K-$160K)
- Equity Package
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k)
- Yearly Education Stipend
- Unlimited PTO